Date of birth：9 Sept. 1972 (Henan, China)
Title：Dr. Chemistry of Science
Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Materials Science and Technology Dongchuan Road 800, postcode 200240, Shanghai, P. R. China
2009.08-present Professor, School of Materials Science and Engineering, the State Key Lab of Metal Composites, ShanghaiJiaotong University
2008.04-2009.07 Research scientist, Biomade Foundation, Groningen, The Netherlands
2005.12-2008.03 Postdoctor, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research Mainz, GermanyMentor: Prof. Wolfgang Knoll
2001.12-2005.12 Ph.D student, University of Twente, MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology,Faculty of Science and Technology,
Department of Materials Science and Technology of Polymers, The NetherlandsMentor: Prof. G. Julius Vancso,
Prof. Holger Schönherr
1999.09-2001.06 Master, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences,Beijing,Mentor: Prof. Lei Jiang, Prof. Yanlin Song
1998.09-1999.08 Master, Chemistry Department, Henan Normal University, Henan, China. Mentor: Prof. Guirong Qu
1992.09-1996.06 B.Sc., Department of Chemistry, Henan Normal University, P. R. China
2016 Vice-president of School of Materials Science and Engineering.
2012-present Member of Faculty Education, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University
Bioadhesion Polymeric Materials:
- Chiral supramolecular materials for regulating cell adhesion in three dimensions
- The visualization of cell-matrix interaction in three dimension
Materials Chemistry (for Bachelor); Smart Polymeric Materials (for Master); Composites Materials (for Ph.D)
- Chinese Chemical Society
- Member of the Scientific Committee of Chinese Functional Surface/Interface Materials
- Organized of the Asia Pacific Society for Materials Research, San Ya, China, 24-27.12. 2015
- Organizer of the Sixth Chinese Functional Surface/Interface Materials, Wenzhou, China, 05-7.09.2014
- Co-organizer of the Polymeric Electronic Materials for celebrating 10th years in Shanghai Jiaotong University, 20-22.11.2014
- Organizer of the coming AMSALS 2016 (Advanced Macromolecular Systems Across the Length Scales) symposium, Shanghai, June 2016.
Main research projects
- 2015-2017 Joint international project between University of Michigan Office of the Vice President for Research and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, nanostructured substrates for elucidating inflammatory response in health and disease.
- 2016-2019 Chinese Natural Science Fund Committee project, the nanofiber’s chirality controlled three dimensional cell adhesion.
- 2012-2016 Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology project, the self assembly and preparation of biomimetic adhesion materials.
- 2013-2016 Chinese Natural Science Fund Committee project, bioinspired structures of DNA detection.
- 2012-2015 Chinese Natural Science Fund Committee project, Novel amino acid based supramolecular hydrogels as extracellular matrix.
- 2011-2013 Chinese Education Ministry project, Low molecular gelators for cell controllable adhesion.
- 2011-2013 The returned funds of Chinese Education Ministry project, The design and synthesis of nanofibrous materials as biomimetic collagen.
- 2010-2012 Shanghai Science and Technology project, Supramoleclar structures as biomimetic scaffolds.
- 2010-2012 Shanghai Jiaotong Medical/Engineering project, The hydrogels as three dimensional matrix.
- 2009 New Century Excellent Talents in University.
- 2010 Shanghai Pujiang Excellent Talents in University.
- 2010 Professor of Special Appointment (Eastern Scholar) at Shanghai Institutions of Higher Learning.
- 2012 English Teaching Award for young teacher in Shanghai Jiaotong University.
- 2013 Qianjiang excellent Scholar from Zhejiang province.
- 2014 The new followed up program for Professor of Special Appointment (Eastern Scholar) at Shanghai Institutions of Higher Learning.
- 2014 The Yokoyama Ryoji award for excellent research in Shanghai Jiaotong University.
- 2014 The excellent class adviser awards for bachelor education in Shanghai Jiaotong University.
- 3 Ph.D thesis, > 5 M.Sc. thesis and > 9 B. Sc. Thesis completed
- Presently advising 5 Ph.D candidates and 4 M. Sc. Students.
Awards for supervised students
- 2012 The 9th excellent bachelor thesis in Shanghai Jiaotong University
- 2012 Jiaotong-Baogang Scholarship for master student
- 2012 Zhaozhu Mulan Scholarship for Ph.D student in Shanghai Jiaotong University
- 2012 New excellent researcher for Ph.D student from Education Ministry
- 2013 The culture funding for excellent Ph.D thesis from Shanghai Jiaotong University
- 2013 The national scholarship for mater students
- 2013 The national scholarship for Ph.D students
- 2014 The national scholarship for Ph.D students
- 2015 The national scholarship for Ph.D students
- “Functional Supramolecular Matrix for Anchoring Cells in Three Dimension”, Asia Pacific Society for Materials Research, International symposium for advanced materials research 2015, Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan, 2015.8.16-8.20
- “Bioinspired hierarchical surface structures for the controllable bacteria adhesion”, World Congress and Expo on Nanotechnology and Materials Science, Dubai, UAE, 2015.4.13-4.15
- “Functionalized supramolecular polymers for cell controlled adhesion”, The 15th Asia Chemical Congress, Singapore, 2013.8.19-8.23
- “Cyclohexane Based Gelators as Three Dimensional Scaffolds for Controllable Cell Culture”，The 21h World Forum on Advanced Polymeric Materials (POLYCHAR 21)，Korea, 2013.3.11-3.15
- “Cyclohexane Based Gelators as Three Dimensional Scaffolds for Controlable Cell Culture”，Asian Conference on Nanoscience and Technology, yunnan，2012.9.7-9.10
- “Stimulus C2-Symmetric Cyclohexane Based Gelators as Three Dimensional Scaffolds for Cell Culture”，Advanced Macromolecular Systems Across the Length Scales Symposium，Hungary 2012.6.2-6.7，(Kenote talk)
- “The Investigation of Cell adhesion on Nano-patterned Polymeric Fabricated by Reactive Microcontact Printing”, The 6th Inter. Workshop on Nano, Bio and Amorphous Materials，Japan, 2011.8.7-11
- “Dendrimer based functional nanotubes for detecting DNA hybridization” The 21h World Forum on Advanced Polymeric Materials (POLYCHAR 21)，Germany, 2010.3.11-3.15
- “Supramolecular polymers for cell controlled adhesion”, the 14th Chinese Natural Science colloids and gels conference，Changchun，2013.7.21-7.23，（kenote talk，co-chair）
- “Stimulus C2-Symmetric Cyclohexane Based Gelators as Three Dimentional Scaffolds for Cell Culture”， 2010 Chinese naobiomedicine conference, Shanghai，2010.11.26-11.27
- “Quantum-Dot/Dendrimer Based Functional Nanotubes for Sensitive Studies of DNA Hybridization”, Nanobionics 4, 17- 21.09, 2007, Marburg，Germany
- “A cascade energy structure containing materials for Sensitive Studies of DNA Hybridization”, 5th International demdrimer symposium, Aug. 28 to Step. 1, 2007，Toulous, France
- “Quantum dot based multilayers for the studies of biomolecular detection” CIMTEC 2008 – 3rd International Conference on Smart Materials, Structures and Systems, June 8 to 13, 2008, Acireale, Sicily, Italy
- “Quantum-Dot/Dendrimer Based Functional Nanotubes for Sensitive Studies of DNA Hybridization” The 5th International symposium on Surface Science and Nanotechnology (ISSS-5), 9 -13.11, 2008, at Waseda University, Japan.
Publication list (only for first author or corresponding author papers)
- Dou Xiaoqiu, Zhang Di, Feng Chuanliang,* Jiang Lei. Bioinspired hierarchical surface structures for the controllable bacteria adhesion, ACS Nano. 2015, doi 10.1021/acsnano.5b04231.
- Liu Guofeng; Ji Wei; Wang Wanlin Feng, Chuanliang*. Multiresponsive Hydrogel Co-assembled from Phenylalanine and Azobenzene Derivatives as 3D Scaffolds for Photo-guiding Cell Adhesion and Release, ACS Appl Mater Interf. 2015, 7, 301-307.
- Dou Xiaoqiu, Zhang Jia, Feng, Chuanliang* Biotin−Avidin Based Universal Cell−Matrix Interaction for Promoting Three-Dimensional Cell Adhesion, ACS Appl Mater Interf. 2015, 7, 20786-20792.
- Ji Wei, Feng, Chuanliang* Glutathione-responsive C2-symmetric benzene-based co-assembly hydrogels, J. Control. Releas. 2015, 1321, e19-e20.
- Liu Guofeng, Ji Wei, Feng, Chuanliang* Installing Logic Gates to Multiresponsive Supramolecular Hydrogel Co-assembled from Phenylalanine Amphiphile and Bis(pyridinyl) Derivative, Langmuir 2015, 31, 7122-7128.
- Yao Yuan, Feng, Chuanliang* Time-Dependent Investigation of Surface Nanostructures of Weak- Phase-Separated Block Copolymer Films, Langmuir 2015, 31, 9026-9032.
- Ji Wei, Liu Guofeng, Xu Mingxin, Feng, Chuanliang* A Redox-Responsive Supramolecular Hydrogel for Controllable Dye Release, Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2015, 216, 1945-1951.
- Liu Guofeng; Zhang, Di; Feng, Chuanliang*, The Nanofibers' Chirality Controlled Three Dimensional Cell Adhesion, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 7789-7793. (IF 13.8)
- Ji Wei; Liu Guofeng; Feng Chuanliang*, Comerin Based Supramolecular Gelators for Cell Imaging, Chem Commun 2014, 50，15545-15548.
- Li, Ping; Yin, Zhongqi; Dou, Xiaoqiu, Zhou Guangdong; Feng, Chuanliang*, Convenient Three-Dimensional Cell Culture in Supermolecular Hydrogels, ACS Appl Mater. Interf. 2014, 6, 7948-7952.
- Yu Shilin; Dou Xiaoqiu; Qu Dahui; Feng, Chuanliang*, C2-symmetric benzene-based organogels: A rationally designed LMOG and its application in marine oil spill, J. Moliq. Liquid 2014, 190, 94-98.
- Dou, Xiao-Qiu; Li, Ping; Zhang, Di; Feng Chuanliang,* RGD Anchored C2-Benzene based PEG-like Hydrogels as Scaffold for Two and Three Dimensional Cell Culture, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2013, 1 (29), 3562 - 3568.
- Feng, Chuanliang*, Dou, Xiao-Qiu; Liu, Qing-Lei; Zhang, Wang; Gu, Jia-Jun; Zhu, Shen-Min; Jenkins, A. Tobias A.; Zhang, Di Dual-Specific Interaction to Detect DNA on Gold Nanoparticles, Sensors, 2013, 13, 5749-5756.
- Li, Ping; Dou, Xiaoqiu; Feng, Chuanliang*; Zhang Di. Mechanical reinforcement of C2-phenyl-derived hydrogels for controlled cell adhesion. Soft Matter 2013, 9, 3750. (IF 4.4)
- Dou, Xiaoqiu; Li, Ping; Lu, Siqing; Tian, Xiaobing; Tang, Yitian; Mercer-Chalmers, June D; Feng, Chuanliang*; Zhang, Di. Highly directional co-assembly of 2,6-pyridinedicarboxylic acid and 4-hydroxypyridine based on low molecular weight gelators. Journal of Molecualr Liquids 2013, 180，129-134.
- Y. T. Tang, X. Q. Dou, Z. A. Ji, P. Li, D. Zhang, C. L. Feng,* C2-Symmetric Cyclohexane-Based hydrogels: a Rational Designed LMWG and its Application in Dye Scavenging, J. Mol. Liq. 2013，17，167-171.
- Dou Xiaoqiu; Zhang Di； Feng, Chuanliang*, Wettability of Supramolecular Nanofibers for Controlled Cell Adhesion and Proliferation, Langmuir, 2013, 29, 15359-15366.
- Li, Ping; Zhang Di；Feng Chuanliang*; Self-assembled gelator-polysaccharide hybrid hydrogel for controllable dye release. Journal of controlled release 2013, 172，e23.
- Liu Guofeng, Zhang Di, Feng Chuanliang*, Progress of chiral supramolecular gels, Materials China, 2013, 32, 420-441.
- Li, Ping; Dou, Xiaoqiu; Tang, Yitian; Zhu, Shenmin; Gu, Jiajun; Feng Chuanliang*; Zhang, Di. Gelator-polysaccharide hybrid hydrogel for selective and controllable dye release. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2012, 387, 115-122.
- Feng, Chuangliang*; Dou, Xiaoqiu, Zhang Di; Schoenherr, Holger. A highly efficient self-Assembly of responsive C2-cyclohexane-derived gelators. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2012, 33(18), 1535-1541.
- Dou, Xiaoqiu; Yang, Xiaomei; Li, Ping; Zhang, Zhigang; Schonherr, Holger; Zhang, Di; Feng, Chuanliang*. Novel pH responsive hydrogels for controlled cell adhesion and triggered surface detachment. Soft Matter 2012, 8(37), 9539-9544.
- Dou, Xiaoqiu; Li, Ping; Zhang, Di; Feng, Chuanliang*. C2-symmetric benzene-based hydrogels with unique layered structure for controllable organic dye adsorption. Soft Matter 2012, 8(11), 3231-3238.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Zhang, Di; Schoenherr, Holger. The investigation of cell adhesion on nano-patterned biointerfaces of block copolymer films by reactive microcontact printing approach. Journal of Controlled Release 2011, 152(1), E201-E202.
- Feng, Chuanliang*; Yin, Meizhen; Zhang, Di; Zhu, Shenmin; Caminade, Anne Marie; Majoral, Jean Pierre; Mullen, Klaus. Fluorescent core-shell star polymers based bioassays for ultrasensitive DNA detection by surface plasmon fluorescence spectroscopy. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2011, 32(8), 679-683.
- Feng, Chuanliang*; Caminade, Anne-Marie; Majoral, Jean-Pierre; Gu, Jiajun; Zhu, Shenmin; Su, Huilan; Hu, Xiaobin; Zhang, Di. Tunable three-dimensional ZrO2 photonic crystals replicated from single butterfly wing scales. Analyst 2010, 135(11), 2939-2944.
- Feng, Chuanliang*; Caminade, Anne-Marie; Majoral, Jean-Pierre; Zhang, Di. Selective encapsulation of dye molecules in dendrimer/polymer multilayer microcapsules by DNA hybridization. Journal of Materials Chemistry 2010, 20(8), 1438-1441.
- Dou Xiaoqiu, Zhang Di, Feng Chuanliang, Progress of low molecular gelators, Science Technology and Engineering, 2011, 11(2), 286-295.
- Yu, Yaming; Feng, Chuanliang*; Caminade, Anne-Marie; Majoral, Jean-Pierre; Knoll, Wolfgang. The detection of DNA hybridization on phosphorus dendrimer multilayer films by surface plasmon field enhanced-fluorescence spectroscopy. Langmuir 2009, 25(23), 13680-13684.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Yu, Yaming; Zhong, Xinhua; Steinhart, Martin; Majoral, Pean P.; Knoll, Wolfgang. Quantum-dot/dendrimer based functional nanotubes for sensitive detection of DNA hybridization. Smart Optics 2009, 55, 84-90.
- Zhang, Zhihong; Liang, Ping; Zheng, Xianjun; Peng, Donglai; Yan, Fufeng; Zhao, Rui; Feng, Chuanliang.* DNA immobilization/hybridization on plasma-polymerized pyrrole. Biomacromolecules 2008, 9(6), 1613-1617.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Zhong, Xinhua; Steinhart, Martin; Caminade, Anne-Marie; Majoral, Jean Pierre; Knoll, Wolfgang. Functional quantum-dot/dendrimer nanotubes for sensitive detection of DNA hybridization. Small 2008, 4(5), 566-571.
- Zhang, Zhihong; Feng, Chuanliang*. Immobilization/hybridization of amino-modified DNA on plasma-polymerized allyl chloride. Applied Surface Science 2007, 253(22), 8915-8922.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Zhong, Xinhua; Steinhart, Martin; Caminade, Anne-Marie; Majoral, Jean-Pierre; Knoll, Wolfgang. Graded-bandgap quantum-dot-modified nanotubes: A sensitive biosensor for enhanced detection of DNA hybridization. Advanced Materials 2007, 19(15), 1933-1936.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Embrechts, Anika; Bredebusch, Ilona; Bouma, Anita; Schnekenburger, Juergen; Garcia-Parajo, Maria; Domschke, Wolfram; Vancso, G. Julius; Schonherr, Holger. Tailored interfaces for biosensors and cell-surface interaction studies via activation and derivatization of polystyrene-block-poly(tert-butyl acrylate) thin films. European Polymer Journal 2007, 43(6), 2177-2190.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Vancso, G. Julius; Schonherr, Holger. Reactive μCP on ultrathin block copolymer films: Investigation of the μCP mechanism and application to sub-μm(Bio)molecular patterning. Langmuir 2007, 23(3), 1131-1140.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Embrechts, Anika; Bredebusch, Ilona; Schnekenburger, Juergen; Domschke, Wolfram; Vancso, G. Julius; Schonherr, Holger. Reactive microcontact printing on block copolymer films: Exploiting chemistry in microcontacts for sub-micrometer patterning of biomolecules. Advanced Materials 2007, 19(2), 286-290.
- Feng, Chuanliang*; Qu, Guirong; Song, Yanlin; Jiang, Lei; Zhu, Daoben. Surface arrangement of azobenzene moieties in two different azobenzene-derived Langmiur-Blodgett films. Surface and Interface Analysis 2006, 38(10), 1343-1347.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Embrechts, Anika; Vancso, G. Julius; Schonherr, Holger. Reactive μCP on ultrathin block copolymer films: Localized chemistry for micro- and nano-scale biomolecular patterning. European Polymer Journal 2006, 42(9), 1954-1965.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Vancso, G. Julius; Schoenherr, Holger. Fabrication of robust biomolecular patterns by reactive microcontact printing on N-hydroxysuccinimide ester-containing polymer films. Advanced Functional Materials 2006, 16(10), 1306-1312.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Zhang, Zhihong; Forch, Renate; Knoll, Wolfgang; Vancso, G. Julius; Schonherr, Holger. Reactive thin polymer films as platforms for the immobilization of biomolecules. Biomacromolecules 2005, 6(6), 3243-3251.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Vancso, G. Julius; Schonherr, Holger. Interfacial reactions in confinement: Kinetics and temperature dependence of the surface hydrolysis of polystyrene-block-poly(tert-butyl acrylate) thin films. Langmuir 2005, 21(6), 2356-2363.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Zhang, Yanjie; Jin, Jian; Song, Yanlin; Xie, Lianying; Qu, Guirong; Jiang, Lei; Zhu, Daoben. Completely interfacial photoisomerization of 4-hydroxy-3'-trifluoromethyl-azobenzene studied by STM on HOPG. Surface Science 2002, 513(1), 111-118.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Jin, Jian; Zhang, Yanjie; Song, Yanlin; Xie, Lianying; Qu, Guirong; Xu, Yu; Jiang, Lei. Reversible light-induced wettability of fluorine-containing azobenzene-derived Langmuir-Blodgett films. Surface and Interface Analysis 2001, 32(1), 121-124.
- Feng, Chuanliang; Zhang, Yanjie; Jin, Jian; Song, Yanlin; Xie, Lianying; Qu, Guirong; Jiang, Lei; Zhu, Daoben. Reversible wettability of photoresponsive fluorine-containing azobenzene polymer in Langmuir-Blodgett films. Langmuir 2001, 17(15), 4593-4597.